IslamicTunesNews – It has been long debated among the Islamic content’s players, scholars and leaders about this, formally in workshops or just simply ‘empty chats’ which direct to the points or slightly part of the topic, ‘between dakwah and business or fisabilillah‘. – IslamicTunes Network
- In the past, there were many Islamic scholars and the Sufis had created zikir songs, spoken melodies or phrases, dua munajat, sholawat, nasyid and qasidah in their learning methods which are still in use, renewed and used throughout the ages. These include the azan and iqamah and recitation of the Quran, there are many styles of tarannum created or traditionally created and reinvented or redo.
- At that time of period, almost all of them don’t care about the Intellectual Property as they created that for the sake of fisabilillah for dakwah and ummah education.
- But currently it’s a law of the worldwide that every content has to be codes, to be known who the creators and whois the publisher also performers, producers, etc . Since it has been used by many of Muslim performers and producers (and by non-Muslim producers, labels and recording companies too), we don’t know who is claiming these copyrights, and where the royalties collection went to!
- We can see some of the Islamic content which refers to the above had already been claimed or announced by many parties that claiming they are the legal owners of the contents, especially in Youtube, Spotify, etc. Do we as Muslims creative content industry players has to keep silent of this matters? Hoping that anybody or any Collective Management of Copyright to solve this matter?
This is IslamicTunes thoughts. We feel it’s time now to establish the INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL that:-
- To be an international Collection Management of Copyright and Related Rights organization to manage, to collect, to distributes and administers all revenues that come from the content related to Islamic traditional content that not owned by anybody or already been legalised as Public Domain;
- To set a guidelines to defines Islamic Content and any related terms related to Islamic or Muslim artist, songs, Islamic movie, etc.
- To guide digital entertainment start-ups and venture capital players in industries such as music, audio, visual, events, live performances and related music marketing and lifestyle, fashion, financing, tourism, pharmaceutical and others.
We like to know what is your thought. Send us an email at admin at islamictunes.net or just comment this article below. Thank you! (*)